Share this story:
It’s been a scary start to 2017: news of immigration raids, deportations, executive actions. The uptick in ICE activity stokes fear and rumor in the immigrant community. That’s true even for young people with DACA — the program that allows undocumented young adults who came to the U.S as children to have work permits and protection from deportation. But what’s reality and what’s rumor right now?
Want more information about immigrant legal rights and DACA? There are lots of resources available:
- United We Dream
- Immigrant Legal Resource Center: Check out their latest DACA advisory here.
- National Immigration Law Center: Check out their DACA information page here.
- FWD.US/what-is-daca: an explainer about what DACA is.
- InformedImmigrant.com: a state-by-state guide on local immigration organizations and “know your rights” material.
- Alejandro’s story: the story of a Dreamer who just wants to serve the only country he’s ever known.
For direct legal services, check out this directory of immigration legal service providers around the country from the Immigrant Advocates Network.