Share this story:
Netflix has been everyone’s addiction for a few years now, especially with the rise of its original shows such as “Orange Is The New Black”, “Stranger Things”, “Luke Cage”, and my personal favorite “The Get Down”. Some people think it’s safe to say that Netflix is taking over general network television.
According to an article on Variety.com, Netflix has caused 50% of the U.S. TV drop in 2015. Although not all tv networks are suffering, many popular networks such as Viacom, NBCUniversal, and Disney all had a 5% drop in views.
- Do you feel that people will still be watching network tv in the next 5 years or will it be taken over by Netflix and other online streaming websites?
- Do you think Netflix or other streaming websites will die down/be taken over by other forms of entertainment?
- Do you use streaming services to watch shows or movies? What do you use and how often?
- What do you think of the quality of network tv today? Is it better or worse than it was 20 years ago?
- Do you think that Netflix educates people or is it just for entertainment?