Share this story:
Today we are going to talk about a problem that’s been here since the invention of sliced bread specifically the inequality between women and men and how it’s development over time, along with what should be done.
Women have been oppressed for so long and fought for their own rights like to vote and be accepted in a working environment to kick out the stereotype that women have to stay at home while the man works. But now we have women being underpaid for a man’s amount of work. By that I mean they do as much or more than a man but a man will get paid more in the same field. According to Makers – Women with full-time jobs still earn only about 77 percent of their male counterparts’ earnings. It’s not only that, there is also a big difference social acceptance of the amount a man has sex compared to women having sex. A man could have a lot of sex with multiple women and be praised and called a playa, while women could have the same amount of sex and be hated and called a “thot.”
I think that no matter what you specify as and what gender you are we all equal but it’s the amount of effort and knowledge you have and put into the field that makes the difference.
- This question for everyone, how would you describe the inequality between expectations of men and women?
- This question is for Finley, Can you explain a time where you experienced inequality between you and a man?
- This one is for you Cameron, Have you ever witnessed gender inequality at school and can you give examples?
- Question for Kemane, Can you give an example of men and women inequality in music?
- What do you think could be done to close the gap between the equality of boy and girls?